Menu
Amgnas786
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ordering wifi boosters

How can you order wifi booster for our home ? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ordering wifi boosters

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those. There are stock supply issues at the moment though.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

If you have a Hub3, you could try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands on the Hub3 and also switching off "channel optimisation" - that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for better kit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordering wifi boosters

Hi @Amgnas786 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community

The only department that these can be ordered from is customer services at the moment. We have experience a shortage in stock but are looking to get this rectified as soon as possibe.

There is a £5 monthly charge unless you are on the Gig1 or Ultimate Oomph package. 

Have you used the VM Connect app to check to see if you actually need them and can find black spots?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos