Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ordering a wifi booster

Hi, 

similarly to others I need to order a wifi booster, I have downloaded the app which verifies I need a booster as still receiving poor signal in our new extension. 

However when following the link to the Virgin Media webpage to order the link is broken, I’ve tried using the live chat in the app and find its days before I get a reply and even then I don’t get alerts (despite being turned on in the app and my iPhone settings) and they advise me to download the app in which I’m messaging them! 

any suggestions to obtain one from VM during these difficult times for them staffing wise? 

Thanks 

Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordering a wifi booster

They’re not good boosters.

Look at getting a better one from Amazon or better yet invest in a mesh system or a better standalone router 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know they are not great, but they seem to work for us fine (we have one at the moment as have thick solid walls, but the extension means we need another for the opposite direction). 

I did spend almost £200 on a mesh system from amazon which lasted less than a year before slowed right down and kept dropping out - have tried Netgear simple extenders too and they were beyond slow, but the VM booster seems to do the trick.

If I can avoid paying out all that extra again, why not? 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

AFAIK they’re not posting them out. 

A better suggestion would be to future proof yourself and get your own system 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey I have the same issue, did you ever manage to get a booster sent to you? Any pointers??
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@JamesBarclay wrote:
Hey I have the same issue, did you ever manage to get a booster sent to you? Any pointers??

Amazon.co.uk

0 Kudos