Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ordering a WiFi booster

I have tried to order a WiFi booster from the virgin media connect app but it keeps taking me out of the app to the sign in page then says you can only order through the app.This is very frustrating as it is an endless loop 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordering a WiFi booster

Do you have to pay for it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's £3 per month which is added to your bill so decided not to bother. Alternatives are to buy your own WIFI Extender,  get a couple of powerlink adaptors, buy another router and use the VM router in modem mode or buy a mesh system and plug this into the VM router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Fatboyslim888 wrote:

It's £3 per month so decided not to bother and will buy my own WIFI Extender or get a couple of powerlink adaptors.

A mesh system would be better 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks gary_dexter,

I've actually edited my initial post to include the 'Mesh system'.

It's currently what I use at home ' BT Whole Home' but it's a big jump in price from the single booster
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Fatboyslim888 wrote:
Thanks gary_dexter,

I've actually edited my initial post to include the 'Mesh system'.

It's currently what I use at home ' BT Whole Home' but it's a big jump in price from the single booster

But worth the jump in price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, a three disk BT setup certainly is, but a three node Tenda Nova MW3 is a mere seventy quid and most people would be amazed how much better that will be than a VM hub and a booster.

Buying any branded powerline booster, you'll not see much change out of forty quid (still better value than renting a VM booster), the extra thirty for a Tenda Nova MW3 is a bargain, and what - the extra is a couple of rounds of drinks (back in the days when pubs existed), or a weeks worth of a high street coffee habit?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, a three disk BT setup certainly is, but a three node Tenda Nova MW3 is a mere seventy quid and most people would be amazed how much better that will be than a VM hub and a booster

I didn't know about the Tenda Nova at the time I brought the BT whole home 3 disc version. I paid around £120-£130 an it was definitely worth it (so agree with gary_dexer on that point.

I learnt the hard way and brought a WIFi extender first then changed to the power lines adaptors finally moving to the mesh system at the end. At the time I didn't want to spend that much money but in hindsight it been fantastic purchase.

Apologies for hijacking your thread 'Brum'.

I really feel that going to a mesh system is the best if you really want a reliable signal around the house. By the time you spend money on the booster or powerlines you could put that towards a mesh system.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If Brum is quick then CurrysPCWorld are doing the Tenda Nova MW3 for only sixty quid.  That's a steal (but not quite in the way that three quid a month forever for a solitary skanky powerline booster is a right bleeping steal).

And there's a good summary of what's what in mesh over at Tech Advisor.  And just to prove I'll eat my own (advisory) dog food, I'm running a TP-Link Deco M4 mesh, and it is excellent.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all and thanks for your comments.  I should be able to get a free booster from virgin but the media connects app just sends me in an endless loop -does anyone have any answers for this problem?

0 Kudos