Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ordered Virgin Media in June, Two Installation Cancellations, Poor Customer Service

After ordering my Virgin Media broadband in June, I was given an installation date for the 13th of July. Technicians came for external work on Friday 10th July but the next day I was sent a cancellation text because further external work was required; despite having weeks to complete this beforehand. 

So, my installation was rescheduled for 23rd July. A technician came on the 22nd of July and completed the external work within 10-15 minutes. Come the day of the installation, no one turns up. No cancellation text, no cancellation email, or phone call. I was on the phone with customer service for hours on many different occasions throughout the day. Received no answers or reasons, just left on hold 98% of the time. A similar thing happened after the first cancellation on July 13th, customer service is awful.

On the morning of July 24th, I received a text which read: "Hi Virgin Media again. We just wanted to let you know, we've completed your external work. We'll see you yesterday to complete the installation. Thank you".....

I have been told the installation team will call in 24 hours which I highly doubt. On the website, there is no option to reschedule the date of installation and I still have not received any answers as to why the installation did not take place on the 23rd of July.

Word of advice, if you are looking for a new internet service provider, do not use Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered Virgin Media in June, Two Installation Cancellations, Poor Customer Service

Hello HSAF1

Sorry to hear about the installation issues you have had. It's not good at all and is something we never want our customers to have to experience 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered Virgin Media in June, Two Installation Cancellations, Poor Customer Service

Thanks for passing security HSAF1

I can see from the account notes you were originally on a new 12 month contract before the failed installation, 

We only do minimum 18 month contracts now 

I can go away and see what the best deal we have is if that is something you are interested in 

It would mean you calling Sales again though as we have no ability to arrange this via our Forums 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello HSAF1

The best deal we have now is £28 a month on a 18 month contract 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos