cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order wifi pods

Miscellanist
Tuning in

I upgraded my package a week ago and the new one includes 3 wifi pods. I was advised at the time to wait seven days and then order these through the My Virgin Media app but I cannot find any way to do this either in that app or elsewhere. I note from other forum posts this is not an uncommon situation and would be grateful for any assistance. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Ok so you can't have three straight away, if the app is working ok (mine is hit and miss, so don't know how to do it or provide screenshots), but you are supposed to run a speed test within the app. If the speed is low, the app should suggest that you order a pod.

I'd ring up the fault line and report a lack of signal and they might order you one, however be warned that even if customer service says they have done it, it might not be true. On VMs website, you can check any orders in place. The other option is wait for one of the admins to see this thread and sort it for you. They might take a few days to see this though.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Ok so you can't have three straight away, if the app is working ok (mine is hit and miss, so don't know how to do it or provide screenshots), but you are supposed to run a speed test within the app. If the speed is low, the app should suggest that you order a pod.

I'd ring up the fault line and report a lack of signal and they might order you one, however be warned that even if customer service says they have done it, it might not be true. On VMs website, you can check any orders in place. The other option is wait for one of the admins to see this thread and sort it for you. They might take a few days to see this though.

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Oh and to add to the last post, if you still end up needing more pods, you can request them, you again need to ring up. They send one at a time.

Thanks for that info which is nothing like what I was told a week ago. I will leave at the moment and see if an admin contacts me and if not follow your other advice. Thanks again.

I'm sorry but honestly the only true way of getting an actual order, is waiting for an admin to do it on here. Customer Service on live chat or even on the phone is poor. They will tell you anything to get you off the call. 

Miscellanist
Tuning in

No need to be sorry as your advice was very helpful and hopefully, an admin will contact me. What is annoying is that Virgin sold me an upgrade with the promise of the inclusion of three wifi pods so I will need to wait and see what is said as it now looks as if they are possibly going to renege on that. Thanks again for your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Miscellanist 

Sorry to see you are having problems ordering the wifi boosters. VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. I hope the following helps.

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est)

The info below is a copy paste of the steps provided by @John_GS  (Forum Team) in how to order them when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan 
  • Then Start the scan again 
  • While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready 
  • Wait 2 mintues for Scan 
  • Scan complete, Tap continue 
  • Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in 
  • Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • Scan complete 
  • Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option 
  • If so, Tap Optimise 
  • Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room,  Tap Start Scan 
  • Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media , as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newapollo  

Thank you very much for the info. This is totally different to what I was told when upgrading but I will follow the instructions at the weekend and take it from there. Although I have been a Virgin Media customer since 2014 this is the first time I have used the forum. and am grateful for the responses and information provided. Thanks again. 

dangeruss245
Tuning in

Hi,

could someone from Virgin send me a DM? All my services run perfectly - but I’ve just had an EV charger fitted on the outside wall of my house, and it struggles to get a WiFi signal. If I could order WiFi extenders, it would be able to connect properly and run more reliably. 

Hi @dangeruss245 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the delays in responding to your query for WiFi Max pods. Have you been able to reach out to our team regarding this matter, or do you require assistance, please let us know. 
Sabrina