cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order wifi pods

iqbal3
Joining in

Hi.

This is my first post here and i’m sorry if I didn’t  follow any rules. I want to know how do i order wifi pods? I’ve scanned the home using the connect app and there is no option to order a wifi pod. 

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
Have a look at the pinned post at the top of the forum - that has lots of good information! 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you for your reply, i’ve seen a lot of similar posts i guess i have to wait for VM mod to see this post so they help me out ordering one.

Hi @iqbal3 
Welcome to the community forums. 

Before we are able to order pods for you we'll need to run through some diagnostics. 

Do you have any issues with your devices connected to a wired connection at all?  What connection issues are you experiencing? Is it just that the speeds are slow or is the service intermittent at all?

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here
The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following:
> Out in the open
> Next to the TV or behind it
> Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
> Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
> Away from microwaves
Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi. Thank you for your reply. 

the hub is at the best place possible open and away from all the electronics.  Wired connections don’t have problems. The problem is upstairs I don’t get enough signal and sometimes no signals at all especially in the loft.  This affects the speed. 

Thanks for coming back to us iqbal3, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L