Thanks for posting, welcome to both the Community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂
I am sorry to hear of the signal issues, not the ideal start and also issues with the Connect App. Could you enlighten us what happened when you used the app please?
I can also see from the system check that you have called/chatted with the team since posting and ordered a Pod.
There are a few requirements for the Pods to work which are listed below;
• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod
Pop back to the Community if you need further assistance 🙂