cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order WiFi pods

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

How do I go about ordering the pods I'm a volt customer and just got my hub 5. I used to have a orbi mesh WiFi system so I know I will need 3 of the mesh pods. Also if I need more how much are they per pod?

I have 3 floors, WiFi needs to cover whole front and back garden. Depending on range and speed of these pods I likely just need 3 or a max of 5

------------------------------------------------------------

My services: Ultimate Volt bundle
TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+
Broadband: Volt Gig1, SH5 + 3 Pods.
Phone: Talk More Anytime, Mobile: 4x 02 Sims + Volt Benefits.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi PIXX3L5 👋 Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community! 

It's great to hear you're looking at having WiFi Pods. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. You can see more about the service via our website here 👉 WiFi Max WiFi Speed Guarantee | Virgin Media

Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. You can do this via the connect app here 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp or by calling us on 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. (Sadly we can only send the initial pod via Community.) Please do be aware that the pods can only be sent out one at a time! 

I can see you've also created another thread where you've asked about having a PM for moving the hub. I have responded on that thread so you're not being ignored but if we stick with this thread as it's yours, we can keep all the information in one place. 

I will need to confirm account details with you and pass security so I have sent you a PM to allow us to do this with you in a private space. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can return to this public thread with an update when possible! 

Thanks for your patience whilst we get things sorted. All the best! 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the Connect app. It will identify the blackspots and allow you to order one Pod to start with.  You can only have a maximum of 3 Pods.

As you are a Volt customer, you get the Pods free, otherwise they are £8 pm.

What happened to the Orbi mesh as you can use this Mesh system with the Hub.?

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

The orbi mesh system got damaged and all to throw it away unfortunately. Hopefully I hear from them soon

------------------------------------------------------------

My services: Ultimate Volt bundle
TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+
Broadband: Volt Gig1, SH5 + 3 Pods.
Phone: Talk More Anytime, Mobile: 4x 02 Sims + Volt Benefits.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ahh, that's too bad.  One point however, just remember VM only guarantee 20Mb speeds from wifi, so don't expect 1Gb speeds everywhere  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi PIXX3L5 👋 Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community! 

It's great to hear you're looking at having WiFi Pods. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. You can see more about the service via our website here 👉 WiFi Max WiFi Speed Guarantee | Virgin Media

Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. You can do this via the connect app here 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp or by calling us on 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. (Sadly we can only send the initial pod via Community.) Please do be aware that the pods can only be sent out one at a time! 

I can see you've also created another thread where you've asked about having a PM for moving the hub. I have responded on that thread so you're not being ignored but if we stick with this thread as it's yours, we can keep all the information in one place. 

I will need to confirm account details with you and pass security so I have sent you a PM to allow us to do this with you in a private space. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can return to this public thread with an update when possible! 

Thanks for your patience whilst we get things sorted. All the best! 🌞

Molly

Hi All! 👋 Just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

Thanks to PIXX3L5 for PMing with me 📨. They were able to order the initial Wi-Fi Pod via the phone before I got chance! However, I was able to offer some help with recommend a friend information 👉 How to refer a friend | Virgin Media Help, and booking in the hub relocation appointment (which has a standard call out charge of £25.)

This has now been booked in, and can be viewed and managed via the My Virgin Media account here 👉 virg.in/myVM. If for any reason you need to reschedule this and are unable to do so via the app, please let us know and we can offer further help! 

I hope the appointment goes well, please let us know if there is anything else you need! 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly