cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on hub 3

Jujustuff
Joining in

We have had a hub 3.0 for over 3 years now. 
since the day it was installed the light has been orange, never thought anything of it until today when I searched for intermittent wifi answers. 

our wifi buffers all the time no matter how many devices are being used, when my son is gaming he is constantly lagging and being kicked out of online games for inactivity while the wifi kicks back in again. 
Other posts seem to suggest we need a new router but I’ve requested that before and was told it’s not an option. And now our monthly bill is increasing by £23 a month and it doesn’t even provide me with consistent wifi. 

I have tried pinhole reset and nothing changed. The router is not hot to the touch so it’s not overheating. I have tried powering it off for 30 seconds and back on and still within an hour the buffering and lagging starts again. 

I’m at my wits end with this and I work from home over the weekends and it’s almost impossible to get anything done.  
can anyone help? 

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Orange LED is normal for a Hub3, it’s due to the cheap LEDs used being. Have you any Ethernet cable connected devices? If so, are they also affected.please provide some stats.

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2