cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on Hub 3

joc1007
Joining in

Just joined Virgin BB and router (Hub 3) is continually showing orange light not white. I have tried switching router off and on and resetting it but makes no difference. 
Do I need a new router 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @joc1007 

Going by the colour of the light you are seeing on the hub you probably have a hub3.   The light is generally whitish in colour, but can show as yellowish or orange due to the LED's aging and should be nothing to worry about.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes I have Hub 3 however I only joined virgin last week and surely I should have got new Hub not an old one. Further on testing the Hub the router latency and jitter is showing as follows 

Latency

13122 ms

Jitter

385 ms

These seem very high for a router

Hi joc1007

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you please post a picture of the light you are seeing on the hub?

Could you please also confirm if you have the hub in Modem or router mode please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Mine has just started showing orange. Can I also get a new hub or engineer please? I work from home and get intermittent Internet which is frustrating

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Teedee501 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're also seeing an orange light on your Hub. As mentioned previously by newapollo, the light may change colour over time due to its age - this is nothing to worry about.

I've taken a look on our side, and your service levels are currently within standard specification and I've been unable to locate a fault. However, I can see you've spoken with our team and booked a Technician. Please be aware of the below:

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

- The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment

- The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

- The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ