Menu
MWilko
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Orange light and slow wifi speed. on hub3

Hello Virgin.

I had my broadband connected last Friday 23rd.  The hub started showing an orange light. ( yes I have read about this a multi coloured LED does not just fade or the other rubbish its clearly a fault) ps i'm electromechanical engineer.

I have tried the power off reset and the push button reset neither have worked.

I have tried calling multiple times I have been cut off three time, your techncial so say replied saying they called,  now in the days of modern technology all calls are logged and I have had none from you. In all I have spent over 4 hours trying to contact you.

This is my last offfer of a olive branch for you to get my service up and running correclty.

Your customer service is dire! 

I will cancel my direct debit and you can collect your equpment.

Mike 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange light and slow wifi speed. on hub3

I've flagged that for forum staff to respond - give them a chance they're UK based, helpful people.

You're right the hub probably needs replacing (try a pinhole reset though - if it's a corrupt firmware image that might solve it), but be aware that VM have got themselves into a wretched pickle over supplies of new hubs.

And if none of that satisfies, by all means cancel before your 14 day cooling off period ends, but don't cancel the DD until all of the dust has settled, equipment has been returned, and the cancellation properly processed.  The consequences of just stopping a direct debit are a lot of hassle for you, none at all for VM.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MWilko,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your Hub.

Could you please confirm if you've tried a pinhole reset, as kindly suggested by @Andrew-G? If you're still having this problem, I can arrange for an engineer visit, and they will be able to take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MWilko
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello 

Yes I have tried the Pinhole reset with no joy.

looking forwrd to hearing back from you and hopefully getting this sorted out very promplty 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike.

Thanks for confirming this. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message, and then I can get an engineer visit booked for you. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos