Menu
PaulMon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Orange light and slow / intermittant wifi connection

I have been experiencing intermittant wifi connections for a few weeks now. I have tried switching the hub off and on again, tested all the connections are secure and done a pin-hole / factory reset but the connection remains poor.

I saw on one of the other threads, that the constant orange light indicates that there is a problem (particularly as I have one of the older 'white' hub3 boxes (in place since 2016).

I have spoken to the helpdesk and was advised to monitor it for 48 hours but that is not acceptable when it has already been like this for a while now.

Can you please advise on how I can resolve this quickly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange light and slow / intermittant wifi connection

WiFi experience not covered by VM unless you ask for another hub that might be second hand with the same problem or worse.

How is your connection by wire? if fine look at getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange light and slow / intermittant wifi connection

Hi @PaulMon,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that your connection has been intermittent recently and that the orange light has stayed on.

Just to check, are there any issues reported currently on our Service Status Page for your area that may be having an impact? Alternatively there's also our status phone line on 0800 561 0061 which may be able to provide further information.

Thanks for confirming the diagnostics that you have already carried out. Just to echo legacy1's question - have you observed the same issue via any wired connections at all? This will help us narrow down what the route of the issue might be.

Please let us know how things are going and if you would like any further assistance - we'd be happy to help!

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos