cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light and poor wifi

Mounters76
Joining in

Hi, new to Virgin broadband and thus far very disappointed.

Had my router delivered only to discover the coaxial cable from the front of my house has been cut at some point. Despite being told when I took out the contract that I would get an engineer within 48 hours, I was subsequently told the eaeliest date for an engineer was 1st May. Ultimately had to do the repair myself.

Router is now connected amd have good speeds coming in, but router light is constantly orange, and wifi speeds are very hit and miss. Sometimes as low as 10Mbps, despite no other devices being used and being sat in same room as router.

Customer services have been as useful as a chocolate teapot, and tried numeror power cycles and resets with no change.

Would be grateful for any help 

3 REPLIES 3

Mounters76
Joining in

Hi, new to Virgin broadband and thus far very disappointed.

Had my router delivered only to discover the coaxial cable from the front of my house has been cut at some point. Despite being told when I took out the contract that I would get an engineer within 48 hours, I was sunseuently told the eaeliest date for an engineerwas 1st May. Ultimately had to do the repair myself.

Router is now connected amd have good speeds coming in, but router light is constantly orange, and wifi speeds are very hit and miss. Sometimes as low as 10Mbps, despite no other devices being used and being sat in same room as router.

Customer services have been as useful as a chocolate teapot, and tried numeror power cycles and resets with no change.

Wouuld be gratefulfor any help 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my reply to the same question in message 3 of this thread...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-issues/m-p/5312027#M542141

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mounters76 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with the Virgin Media broadband network. 😞
I've had a look and I can see that there is a technician booked for this issue.

Let us know how it goes with the appointment and we'll follow up from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs