cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Sally26
Joining in

I have a permanent Orange light on my hub.  I have followed all of the advice I can find on this and still permanent orange light.  I have reset the hub and it is still the same.  I appear to be getting intermittent internet.  I was going to phone about it tonight but it now says there is a problem in the area and I know that they will say there is a general problem but I have been trying to fix this for a week and before today it said there were no known issues in the area. I see that there is a Jon_GS in the Forum Team and I wonder if he can help but I'm not sure if there is a way to contact directly so I am reaching out here.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Orange light signifies nothing re. you connection - it is just the 1p LED failing/fading over time.

For known faults call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi JBrennand, thanks, I have read that before but I keep getting broadband problems too and I have noticed others have had their hub replaced and it has fixed the issue.  When I do the broadband test it says I have issues and told me to do the reset etc, which I did and it hasn't changed anything. Thanks for the advice though.

I have reset my hub, unplugged it loads of times, tried using the virgin connect app to check for blackspots but unable to as it can't find my hub.  I have tried private messaging John_GS or it could be GS_John who is a virgin community moderator but I was told I'm not allowed to do that.  My light is still orange and troubleshooting isn't working even though you can see in the pictures that I have wifi. The internet obviously is not right.IMG_8037.PNGIMG_8038.PNGIMG_8039.PNGIMG_8041.PNG

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the 0800 number?

Also, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Sally26,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are facing some issues with our App finding the Rouiter and that you believe this has something to do with the Orange light on your Hub, the light as advised doesn't indicate anything being Orange, this just sounds like the LED's have faded.

In regards to your Internet, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is currently an SNR (Signal to Noise Ration) fault in your area, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

This was raised on 03/03/23 @ 12:52, the estimated fix time is 13/03/23 @ 09:00, apologies again for any inconvenience caused, you can check the status of the fault either Via our Service Status, by calling our Automated Status line on 0800 561 0061 or Via your Online Account.

If you need any further help/ support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.