cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light

Emsho
Tuning in

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working intermittently. This is worrying as atm we’re working from home.
I have:

- turned it on and off at the wall

- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections

- pressed reset button for 15 seconds

and the orange light is still on. 

110 REPLIES 110

Hi Ilyas,

Quick update - I had the engineer visit today and they informed that they had seen a similar issue so replaced the Hub 3.0 for a 4.0 and all is working as expected now. Many thanks for your assistance. 

Best, 

WKnight1 

Hi me and wknight1 had the same issue and I havnt received a replacement hub. Would you please be able to arrange a replacement for me. Many thanks Dan 

KyleAllder
Joining in

 Hi! 

I’m having the same “Orange Light” issue and have been for a little over 6 months now. I’ve reset it quite a few times and even tried moving it to see if the connectivity issue would change but no difference. Spoken to Customer Services who have sent out a booster but no difference either. The Hub has been lit orange for a while and is hot at the top, also ran a test but was told everything is fine but it is far from fine. Cannot seem to get good a connection in the house at all and from time to time i’ll get an intermittent connection and this is no good as i work from home and am unable to work successfully without problems. 

Through reading other peoples comments with the same issue it seems like a new hub is needed. Would it be possible to get an engineer out to then hopefully get a new Hub sent out? 

0DDBCC3D-4F6A-4BBF-A74E-7B54C2B69FCD.png

Jay_Kell
Joining in

Hi there been with virgin since February and was clear from day one that the signal was not strong enough to connect throughout the house. I have also got and had the orange light for most of that 6 months.

connection is great in the room where the router is. Rest of the house very poor.

have had one of the hex boosters for most of the contract so far and had been working better but now all of a sudden the speed upstairs has dropped so low I can’t work in my office up there anymore. 

orange light on main hub is constant no idea if hex booster is working at all but is really hot to touch.

have reset both router and booster even changed wireless car on laptop.

can get 80mbps in the room where main hub is lucky if I get past 5mbps on same device in the office.

don’t understand how was working fine but now dropped to being unusable anywhere but right in front of it.

Hi all and thank you for your posts to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are all facing this issue with the constant amber light! I'll advise each of you as I can. 

Thank you @Dant88 for your post, could you elaborate on what issues you are facing? Do you have the constant amber light also? Is the Hub hot or warm to the touch? Have you tried fully rebooting the Hub via a pin hole reset? To do this push a pen etc into the 'reset' hole at the back of the Hub and hold for 20 seconds. This will cause a factory reset and restore all details to their original setting.

Hi @KyleAllder, thank you for your post. I'm so sorry to hear that the light is constantly on and that resetting the Hub has not helped. I believe it would be best for us to arrange for an engineer to come and attend this for us. I will pop you a PM now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hello to lastly to @Jay_Kell and thank you so much for your post, I'm so sorry to hear you are also facing this issue and thank you for confirming that you have also tried the reboots and relocating the Hub. I'm so sorry this has not improved things for you. I believe an engineer will also be needed in this case so I'm going to pop you a PM now also to arrange this. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you all. 

Hi I have tried all of the above and we even had an engineer out who said the amber light wasn’t an issue!!! I’ve only been with virgin for a month or so and it’s always been this colour I’ve also always had this intermittent issue. Somebody else on this chat who had identical issues to me had an engineer out they had come across the issue and changed their hub, now all is well. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case for me as my engineer hadn’t come across it and didn’t change it hence we still have intermittent issues. 

I’d really appreciate the support and a resolution to this 🙂

Hello both, 

Thanks so much for your private messages and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your Hub issues – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thanks again. 

Hi there @Dant88

Thank you for confirm and I am so sorry that the fixes have not helped. 

I think it would be best to get an engineer out to check this for us, so I will pop you a PM to arrange. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I'm new to the community but not this problem.

I have been a Virgin Media customer for over a year and I thought this orange light was how the hub was supposed to operate until I recently had to check my internet speed.

My son is coming to stay and wants to work from home and when he stayed at the beginning of the year said that the internet was slow and video calling was impossible. I do not have coverage all over the house especially upstairs, although when I checked the internet it says "no faults". 

Having read all seven pages of this problem I feel I need an up to date hub too.

I have tried all the suggestions offered above and still the light glows orange.

Any help please, would be gratefully received.  🙂

Update here. Admin sorted engineer visit and at the same time customer services called and sent me a second pod for better coverage.

engineer replaced hub with a a new one and second pod is settling in. 
no more orange light and coverage better upstairs

but every fix brings a new issue

now internet on both laptops in the house is strong to start with then drops massively

weird thing is anything that’s plugged into a USB port on any laptop in the house seems to interfere with virgins signal. With usb mouse and headset plugged in wigi speed drops to 10 or less mbps unplug all usb and speed test straight away and it’s maxed out at 108

doesn't happen on the same laptop connecting to my brothers sky WiFi and  never happened with previous providers here

Any ideas