cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light on hub 3

JayneC1
Joining in

Hi there

A constant orange light has appeared on my hub 3, this toes in with really poor internet, dropping in and out over the past few weeks. My ring alarm recorded it dropping out over 20 times last night. Tried a full reset and orange light still there. Can never get through to Virgin. I work from home so would love this sorting out.

IMG_0816.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's best to call VM at opening time, i.e. 8am.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is normal in an ageing Hub3 - the 1p LED fails/fades over time - it indicates nothing re its performance.

Are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there. Tried with Ethernet and it’s not working when it drops out so I think hub? I just want them to send me a new one but can’t seem to get anyone to sort it.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's best to call VM at opening time, i.e. 8am.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @JayneC1 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you're having service issues this Monday. 

I have checked the systems at my side and there is no area outages or issues with your hub specifications that I can see. 

Are you still experiencing the same service concerns today, or have they since cleared up?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi there. It happens every few days, started a few months back. Nothing has changed, router in same place but just keeps dropping out. It’s causing problems with our house alarm and me working from home. My phone keeps losing connection and yet if I go to my mothers is fine so I believe it’s the router.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do this - especially set up the BQM

________

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4/5) or top/right (SH’s) - of the Login page.
Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, I am having the same issue with my hub - a constant orange light despite factory resetting my hub 3 times. The signal of strength drops off significantly, leaving WIFI blackspots in multiple rooms, despite it being a small terraced house.

I have been having these issues since August 2022 with no imporement and still the same orange light on my hub

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums. and very warm welcome to you @georgemil651!

Sorry to hear of the orange light on your hub.

Does this feel too hot to touch?

Can you please confirm if you've been able to run any Broadband Quality Monitor on the connection to see when the disconnections are happening?

Thanks,

David_Bn