cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt out of WiFi Sharing

edent
Superfast

Please can a moderator contact me to help me turn off WiFi sharing.

My hub is sharing an SSID called "Virgin Media" which is only accessible via EAP authentication. I have not set up this SSID, I have not opted in to the WiFi sharing, I do not want to use WiFi sharing.

I've tried asking on Twitter - https://twitter.com/edent/status/1334418179213418497- but they told me to ask here.

I've tried asking online chat - but they don't know what to do.

I notice from other threads, that the moderators here are able to raise a ticket to get this fixed. eg https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Opt-out-of-WiFi-hotspot/m-p/4416289?search-...

I have restarted my hub, it is updated to the latest firmware. There is no option to switch this off inside the hub. There is no option to switch it off on the "My Virgin" website.

Please can a moderator message me to arrange for a ticket to be raised to switch this off.

(Please do not reply to this thread if you are not a Virgin employee / moderator.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

edent
Superfast

Finally fixed! If you have this problem you need to ask for them to turn the WiFi sharing on and off and to include a "permanent WiFi sharing disable add on".

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
You do it from your online account profile.

PS - if you don't want a response from someone who isn't a forum rep then don't post on the Community forum.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

As I said,

> There is no option to switch it off on the "My Virgin" website.

Here's the my online account profile screen. Would you be so kind as to tell me where I switch of WiFi sharing. i.imgur.com/Rl3VSvn.png

https://imgur.com/Rl3VSvn

Why hub do you have?

The Hub4 does not have the public wifi on to my knowledge

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

That is odd, you are missing this part on that page ...

opt-out

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

edent
Superfast

Finally fixed! If you have this problem you need to ask for them to turn the WiFi sharing on and off and to include a "permanent WiFi sharing disable add on".

@edent, which number did you call?

I couldn't get through on the phone. So I got a moderator to message me here. I suggest creating a new post and hoping a mod replies.

It took several message back and forth before they did it.

Thank you! And Happy New Year!

Rick_D
On our wavelength

I'm having the exact Same issue!

Might end up just taking the router apart and removing the antennas from it at this rate.