cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onu plug

Donnacoyle1229
Joining in

E98BC13E-EE5B-406C-8B75-1BCE0CE88BB0.png

Missing an ONU power supply plug. Rang up virgin media and they maintain these plugs are no longer needed. Yet I have no working internet just a router that’s flashing and doing nothing no matter how many times I restart it! Anybody know how I can get my hands of this white onu power supply plug??

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

What HUB do you have?

Is it connected via coax or fibre?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you need one of these (which is to power the fibre media converter outside AIUI) then a very lengthy past topic on here eventually concluded that VM could not send these out individually to customers but a tech visit would be needed to supply/fit one.

If you have a large VM brown box on your outside wall (as per RHS pic below)

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/2019-article-illustrations/virgin_media_external_wall...

then you are likely to have a fibre connection requiring the power supply.

One of the VM forum team should be able to assist when they reply here within a few days.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Donnacoyle1229 👋 welcome to the community! 

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know, sorry to hear about these concerns regarding this plug. 
Sadly the advice given on the phone is correct, that we would not be able to send out one of these plugs, however it is of concern that you are without services so we need to get you a technicians appointment sorted as quickly as possible. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and get one booked in for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly