cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only getting 25mbs on 500mbs plan

Springzy
Joining in

Firstly this has been an absolute nightmare that has been on going for 3 weeks now. 

I have had no issues for over 6 months but as of a few weeks ago after virgin was in the area I have had a max speed of only 25mb/s.

I already have a WiFi booster. I have rebooted and reset my router with no luck. The virgin diagnostic tool says nothings wrong but then after going through all the steps says that all devices have poor signal strength.

I have called virgin about this issue before but nothings been done. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is this exclusively a wi-fi problem of slow speed or are your wired connections also operating at 25 Mbps?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is this exclusively a wi-fi problem of slow speed or are your wired connections also operating at 25 Mbps?

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Springzy, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having ongoing internet speed issues.  As per the question from goslow, are your speeds 25mbs via both wired and wireless connections? I ask, because we've had a look at our systems and cannot find anything impacting your speeds, from our side.  Have you checked for tips, here? Also, you may wish to check for tips, here?  Please do get back to us, regarding how you're testing your speeds?

Regards

Lee_R

It's the WiFi speed but after telling me there was nothing wrong with my superhub 3 and WiFi booster.

I got told the next day the booster isn't working, and there is an issue with the connection, so got to wait until later tonight to see if they can fix it.

if not I have to get a technician out but I'm kinda getting sick to death of having to call virgin and fighting them for them to actually do anything to fix their issues.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Springzy, 

Thank you for your post and sorry you are having issues with speeds.

I can see your speeds look okay from SamKnows. I can see from our systems your wireless frequencies are at capacity and you have no wired connections, if you connect some devices via ethernet this may help.

Zoie