Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Only connection through powerline, nothing direct with the router

About 3 hours ago I stopped being able to connect to the VM network or the guest network I'd set up. I can only connect to the extension networks through the the powerline adapter. Trying to connect to any of the direct wifi networks gives an error of 'couldn't get ip address' (from my mobile) and the connection just fails totally from my macbook. (none of the three laptops or 4 phones in the house can connect either)

I've tried turning the router off for 30mins and then back on again as well as restarting connecting devices. I can access settings on 192.168.0.1 and everything seems fine. All the checks are coming up green and yet I can't connect. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only connection through powerline, nothing direct with the router

have you done a 30 second pinhole factory reset

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not yet, if only because I'm concerned that the powerline connection will stop working if I do and we'll be left with no wifi at all! If that'll help then I'm all for giving it a try... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You’ll need to do a 60 second pinhole reset 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe it work by powerline because your not connecting to your hub but next door by the powerline.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos