Menu
Nigelthenomad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Only 3 devices connecting after power cycle

Today I power cycled my hub 2. (WiFi-Router)

After this only two phones and a TV connect to the router. i’ve done the online diagnostics which cover a test from the virgin system, a check of the local area,  then physical factory reset (10s) with a pin and a few power cycles. I’ve waited 10 seconds each time I’ve power cycled.

The devices which are no longer connecting are a desktop, a laptop and iPhone. It’s the same ones each time. these have all been power cycled themselves.

Does anyone have this issue - If so how did you solve it?

nigel 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 3 devices connecting after power cycle

What you havent said is... are the disconnected devices all on wifi or on ethernet cable connections - or a mix of the two.

Try the reset again but like this...

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Nigelthenomad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connection.

Soft and hard reset carried out, no change. However;

Solution: left it for six hours and it started working -  which is great. In the meantime ordered a hub 3 on the support line, current is hub 2 from 2015.

VM sent a power supply yesterday, still waiting for the hub 3 to arrive. Will call back at weekend if there’s no progress. Hopefully the hub comes from ano supply chain & they haven’t kludged the procurement.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are supply issues on some VM kit at the moment - so they are probably rooting around in drawers trying to find one 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos