Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Online Hub Swap / Upgrade - "oops something went wrong"

Hi There 

A friend of mine is having terrible WiFi signalling problems with their virgin media broadband throughout their house (low signal, dead spots, etc etc) .

While helping to improve the situation I noticed that they have the an old Super Hub 2 AC device. I immediately suggested using they upgrade to the (Super) Hub 3 as it's free using the Virgin media web page (https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap).

However when using the above web link is requests you sign in - after which the web page displays the message "Oops Something Went Wrong" (NOTE: sign-in was with my friends account, not mine)

Can I ask - is the free (Super) Hub 3 upgrade offer still available (I've noticed you can only find the above link using google search - not from searching within virgin media website). If the offer is still available is there a better method to order online - or will my friend have to make a phone call, or send text message? If call/text message, can someone confirm the telephone number and which option/department to select to fast track the call (I'm imagining call wait times are huge during the lockdown).  

As I mentioned this is for a friend (not me), so the method to proceed needs to be accessible to a 3rd party. 

Many thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online Hub Swap / Upgrade - "oops something went wrong"

Hello

Yes it is still available, you can either wait a few days for a VM staff member to order one, or

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks