Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing wifi issues!

At the start of lockdown my uncle contacted me to find out how he could resolve intermittent WiFi issues.  This was resolved by replacing his router and tv boxes.  He has now contacted me again with full WiFi loss (green arrows and WiFi light on router) V6 upstairs working fine but downstairs getting W02 error and losing channels quickly.  He is losing the will with Virgin, as a carer a reliable connection is absolutely crucial! 

Is there an issue in the area 12 reference or is he just one of many unlucky customers I can see getting irate on social!? He has already completed numerous reboots and fussing with wires.  He’s unable to get through on 150 yet paying for the privilege...#SOS

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing wifi issues!

To checkfor “known network faults”.....

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same problem!!!!

reference 12 area just chasing my tail trying to get this resolved.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ezeetiger wrote:

Same problem!!!!

reference 12 area just chasing my tail trying to get this resolved.  

It’s unlikely issues are the same. Area codes are for billing not geographical locations. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So does area reference 12 not correlate to Birmingham / Midlands? Curious as  I am also area reference 12 whereas my London family member is different to both my uncle and I  🤷🏾‍♀️
Also given the extent of complaints under the Birmingham gigabit ad, I’d say there was some relationship to the performance (or lack thereof) 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ataerys20 wrote:

So does area reference 12 not correlate to Birmingham / Midlands? Curious as  I am also area reference 12 whereas my London family member is different to both my uncle and I  🤷🏾‍♀️
Also given the extent of complaints under the Birmingham gigabit ad, I’d say there was some relationship to the performance (or lack thereof) 

My area code consists of a city over 150 miles from me.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ataerys20, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the WiFi service. Have you downloaded the connect app to test the connection and find where the blackspots are in the home? It will also allow you to order a wireless booster ^Chris

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just be aware that new boosters are now currently only supplied free if you have the Hub4. if so they are worth trying. If not, they will add a £3/mo charge and they aren't good value at that. The maths say you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality, wireless equipment with the Hub in modem mode to solve your wifi issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos