cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old white router hub

hotsnow1
Joining in

Anyone have any idea how I can get a replacement router? 
The router is the old white one and about 6 years old now. Seems to be playing up a bit, intermittent WiFi and gets very hot.

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder

@hotsnow1 wrote:

Anyone have any idea how I can get a replacement router? 
The router is the old white one and about 6 years old now. Seems to be playing up a bit, intermittent WiFi and gets very hot.

Only ever give out account information to forum staff - These can be identified by the VM logo next to their name!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tech_Ben wrote:

Hello,

I will send you a private message to see if I can help with your issue. 

I absolutely concur with @lotharmat here - all VM staff on this board are clearly identified as such. They'll have "Forum Team" next to their username. Anyone else could be, literally, anyone. Please do not exchange personal details with anyone who just "asks for it"

@ModTeam  - if @Tech_Ben is genuinely VM staff, then shoudn't they be accredited accordingly?

Edit: By means of answering the OP's original question - all of VM's current modems/routers are shown here - broadband isn't my primary area of expertise, but I can't think of any model that was white?! Can you take a picture and post it on here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hotsnow1,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm really sorry that you're having some problems with your router, this is disappointing to hear. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@japitts but I can't think of any model that was white?! 

If it's six years old it will be one of the pre-volume production white Hub 3's, of which there's still a reasonable volume still in circulation.  But not all survived.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andrew-G wrote:

@japitts but I can't think of any model that was white?! 

If it's six years old it will be one of the pre-volume production white Hub 3's, of which there's still a reasonable volume still in circulation.  But not all survived.

I have one and it's working a treat.  They were the first ones given out for the Hub 3 trials.  However it's been in modem mode for most of it's life, so has never had to do much work 🙂  It lives in the comms cupboard and rarely see the light of day ....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks