Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old Vmdg480 hub needs upgrade

Hi

Got an old VMDG480 hub. Connection keeps dropping out, we've rebooted so many times but keeps happening.

Randomly about 6 months ago got a call from virgin media saying the hub we had was obsolete and they would send out a new hub. Heard nothing at all since.

Is there any way to request a new hub??

Cant see anything on the virginmedia site

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Vmdg480 hub needs upgrade

If you log in to My Virgin Media https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index#. it should give you the option to upgrade there.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your reply. Have tried a few times but keep getting the 'oops please call' message.

Any ideas where to go from here?

So frustrating, from the looks of it our hub is obsolete so it shouldn't be so difficult to get an up to date hub should it?

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Getting “oopsed” usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - in that case just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @EmmyLou112 and welcome to the community,

I can get this arranged for you, if you haven't been able to do so, since you last posted.

If you still need this to be arranged, please respond to my private message that I have sent over and we can clear account security and get this raised for for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @EmmyLou112,

Thanks for joining me in a private message and for confirming all of your details.

I have arranged for a new hub to be sent out to you, all the information that you need about your delivery can be found on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking, you will also receive your tracking information via text message or email from our delivery partner.

Regards

Steven_L

Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're very welcome @EmmyLou112, please let us know if you have any further issues with your services.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos