cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Virgin Media box and poor signal.

Steph67
Joining in

My house has two telewest boxes one which is in a very inconvenient position but the only one that appears to be live for my WiFi. I would like to have this one removed for safety reasons and be able to use the one in my back room. I have been trying to contact virgin for over 2 weeks and cannot get through on the phone or chat. I have very weak signal in one side of the house so need help to fix this. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Telewest boxes are you referring to?  What's printed on their base stickers ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the safety concern?

Steph67
Joining in

The box is loose and very low to the skirting and where it is positioned the dog or kids trip over it often. I just really need the help of an engineer to turn this inlet off and the other one in the back room on. I just cannot get through to customer services. Do you think it would be best just to cancel and get it set up properly with another provider? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up some photos of the boxes so we can advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Steph67,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see you've been able to contact us regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm