Menu
lucyjj1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Obtaining IP Address...

When trying to connect my android phone it simply says 'Connecting...'  with the Status 'Obtaining IP address...' and then never gets further than this stage. There are multiple other devices connected successfully to the VM Wi-Fi and my phone successfully connects to other Wi-Fi connections. I have also previously connected to this VM Wi-Fi and this issue seems to have occurred randomly.

Steps already attempted to fix the issue are the following: 

1) Re-start phone. 2) Re-start router. 3) Keyhole re-set router. 4) Forget Wi-Fi on phone and retry. 5) Reset System Settings on phone. 6) IP settings change from DCHP to Static. (This doesn't seem to work either).

I have tried the above steps multiple times over the space of about a week and I am now at a complete loss on what to try next so would appreciate any help on this!

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Obtaining IP Address...

You could try and give 2.4G wifi a SSID different from 5G or it might be better just to get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
lucyjj1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for responding so quickly. Please can you explain a step by step of how to do the below (for someone who is completely clueless about this kind of thing)? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't be able to give you step by step as I'm in modem mode.

You login to your hub by 192.168.0.1 go to advanced setting look for wireless change SSID for 5GHz and leave 2.4GHz as it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
lucyjj1234
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried the suggested steps - changed the 5GHz name and it has come up as an option on my phone but it still won't connect to either networks.

0 Kudos