cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK to add 3rd and 4th Poweline wi-fi AP to single wired booster?

tom2021
Tuning in

I have a working PG-9073LG-VM wired booster with 2 working PG-9072LG-VM wi-fi access points, but there are still a few wi-fi black-spots in my house, so I want to add more APs.

I have a 3rd PG-9072LG-VM wi-fi access point which I wanted to add. When I tried this, by pushnig the Sync button on my wired booster and the sync button on the 3rd AP, it worked well for the 3rd AP but both my existing APs then went wrong. They were still broadcasting their SSID and I could connect to them but they lost their internet connection.

So it looks like the existing 2 APs lost Sync with the wired booster when I added the 3rd.

Does anyone know why this would happen? Is there a limit of 2 APs per wired booster? Did I hold the sync button too long? Do I need to add a 2nd wired booster to support a 3rd and 4th AP?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get your own router and AP's you likely find that better.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That's probably a fair sugestion. I already have all the Virgin Poweline kit though (and I'm too tight to fork out for another lot). So I'd rather try get that working first. I'm sure if I can sync all 3 APs then I won't have to think about it again for a few years. Thanks for responding.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @tom2021.

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your WiFi connection in your property. 

Unfortunately we no long offer the WiFi boosters, instead we now offer intelligent WiFi pods we can arrange for these to be sent out. 

Here are a few things to consider,  the pods don't work with the existing boosters and we are only able to send the pods out one at a time. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Zak.

I know about the Intelligent WiFi Pods, but when I checked on the Virgin website, Virgin had run out of all of these pods and weren't taking orders.

Have they now got stock? Can you help get me some?

Tom

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

They are now back in stock and I can get them sorted for you. 

A few additional points, the charges are £5 a month unless you are on the ultimate oomph bundle. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Great. I need to get some of these.

How many access points can I get? We need to cover 3 main areas where the Hub 3.0 signal doesn't reach - the rear rooms of the house, the 1st floor and the 2nd floor.

Will I get those covered for £5/month?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

We can only order the 1 at a time with a maximum of 3, the charge is £5 per booster per month. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

What's the minimum commitment for the boosters? Is it a 1yr contract?

Can I separately order 3, but all at the same time?

Hi @tom2021

With the boosters, there isn't exactly a minimum commitment - if you don't need them anymore they can be sent back. 

As for the ordering, we wouldn't be able to order them at the same time as we'd need the first order to close down (once delivered) to be able to send the next pair out.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs