Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Now tv stick not connecting to virgin wifi

Im having issues getting my now tv stick to connect to our wifi. I search to find the network, it appears saying excellent strength, I then add password click connect and it comes up with can't connect to wireless! This has only happened just recently and previously worked perfectly on our TV in the living room. We are on virgin media fibre optic broadband. I have reset the hub 3 and even tried setting up a individual Mac for the TV stick on our hub settings.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Just can't seem to figure out what's going on. Managed to connect it to my husband's mobile hotspot so it definitely seems to be an issue with the virgin broadband. We also have a Amazon prime stick but that connects with no issues to I'm a bit baffled.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Now tv stick not connecting to virgin wifi

What model stick is it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's a model 3801

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma67,

Thanks for posting on our forums and welcome to the community 🙂 

Sorry to hear you've been having some difficulty trying to connect your Now TV stick to your home WiFi. Have you tried resetting the stick itself?

Also, when you mention that you created an individual MAC for the stick, does this mean that you set up a guest network? It's odd how this has only just started happening. Can you think of anything at all which has changed just before you started getting the connection error?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos