cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do end of contract

natty7
Joining in

Hi there,

So my contract is up at the end of this month. I called VM on Monday since my Broadband only price is rising from 42 to 62. I am on 500mbps

I called and asked to speak to retentions. They wasn’t very helpful. They said if I re contract on the same speed best price they have to offer is 53 pounds. If I drop from 500 to 250 it goes down to £49 and if I go from 250 to 125 it goes down to £46

Oddly whilst I was on the phone I checked the price for the 1gig service and that was £49 on the website. The retentions girl said she can’t even offer that on her system. Best she could do was £62. Thing is if I go for 1gig I gotta wait in for the new modem. And tbf i don’t really need that speed I am happy paying £42 for 500 but they say they can’t do it. Am I better paying the higher out of contract price for 1 month then calling up after I am out of contact or try something else not sure what to do. Been with VM for years retentions are not usually this stingy. Any advise please?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Until you have cancelled, retentions will not raise a finger on a better offer.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Remember that if you get a good deal to upgrade to 1gig it will only be an introductory price and will go up hugely after the initial period. 

Don't be tempted to buy a faster speed than you need. Most people don't need it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.