cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting

Coomsey
Joining in

Hi all

I'm getting connected no internet intermittently on several devices since joining virgin,5days ago. On the Manhattan tv box had wrong address, altered and they work fine for maybe 24hrs then back to the start. My Humax box is connected by ethernet but on iPlayer will buffer every 5mins. My LG tv will connect for 10mins then drop out. WPS to my LG tv will not connect. My router is in the same place as my Plusnet one, which caused NO problems in 18 month. I'm doing what everyone else does, I presume, going around in circles trying to get in touch, knowing that if I do I won't be able to understand the operator. Any ideas?

Thanks Paul 

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are they connected by Ethernet cable or WiFi?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Coomsey 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing 😔

I've taken a look on our side, but I cannot see any issues that could be causing this. 

How have things been since you posted? If you could also answer the question asked by @Tudor, that'd be much appreciated.

Advice on how to fix internet problems can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Coomsey
Joining in

Some are ethernet some WiFi . in one 28min programme connected by cable it buffered 12 times. I got better internet connection on the side of the race track at Mallory park.The hub is in the same position it always as been. Do I go to a ombudsman?

I've done the lot. It's nothing but a waste of time. Virgin speed test 18mbps

My phone worked better on the internet at the track side at Mallory race track than at home. Watching a 28min programme it buffered 12 times. That's connected by cable 

I've done several speed tests best I've had 37mbps. Have I got to sit on the phone for 1/12 hours for someone to tell me I haven't got a problem? 18 months with Plusnet, never needed to ring them. I'm paying for nothing. Do I need to wait 8 weeks to get the ombudsman for me to get what I'm paying for? Am I going to get an engineer to tell me it's my fault? 

1 out of 10 people are that's. Take your pick 

I'm assuming you're something to do with Virgin, be that as it may I'm sending you this as evidence of my intention. If I'm wrong ignore this n all the best to you.

Tomorrow,24/10/2023 I will be ringing n cancelling my contract with Virgin media. My direct debit will be cancelled. If virgin media try to charge for early cancellation I will take legal action to reclaim for my time n trouble to try and get the service I'm paying for. I'm being charged for a service that is not fit for purpose. Please send this to who it may concern. I do not need you to reply to this 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Coomsey 

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience. 

It'd be a real shame to see you go, after checking remotely I can see you have spoken with the team since. Have you noticed any improvement in the connection?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs