Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not connecting to wifi

Mobile phone and tablets in house not connecting to WiFi, can anyone help, it was okay this morning  Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not connecting to wifi

OK, you've turned the hub off for a minute and then on again?

If that didn't work, you've tried a pinhole reset using the hole on the back of the hub (loses any personal settings, any changes you made will be reset to defaults)?

And although they aren't connecting, are devices "seeing" a wifi network from your hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, turned off router then turned back on, seems to have done the trick, checked my tablets and they are connected again, the WiFi network number comes up under the WiFi sign on tablet.
Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A pleasure to help.  The VM hub is a software controlled device, and so it does benefit from occasional reboots.  I have mine on a timer (to save energy overnight) so it gets rebooted daily, and that seems to help avoid a lot of those strange irrational problems that occasionally occur.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos