Menu
Monners60
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not a great start - WiFi pods for broadband

I had my installation 4 days ago. The engineer said I need wifi pods to extend the broadband. Just spoke to customer services and they aren't in stock and Virgin aren't allowing new registrations for wifi pods, and don't know when they will arrive

I have no signal to half of my house including my study. 

When will they be arriving?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not a great start - WiFi pods for broadband

You need to order them yourself not from word of mouth from an engineer.

Plus they're not worth the £5 per month - that's £60 per year you can put towards your own better network equipment.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Monners60
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just rang customer services. They aren’t taking orders or registering for them. As stated in my original post 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then proceed to point 2 in my reply above - you'd be far better off

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Monners60,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm sorry that you haven't yet been able to order the pods to help with your connection, I haven't been able to locate your account via your community profile, I can look into this further but we would need to send over a private message to clear account security and look into this further.

I will drop you a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming your details and joining me in a private message@Monners60.

I have looked into your account and can see that you do have some issues with your downstream power levels, this would need to be addressed by an engineer.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Monners60
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. But will that fix the poor WiFi signal in the  house? 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Monners60

If the power levels are out of spec, this can cause performance issues. Hopefully you should see an improvement once this is resolved by the technician.

In regards to WiFi Pods, you can register your interest here and we will update you once these are available.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos