cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nord VPN website blocked by Virgin Media?

sail_away
Tuning in

I have been researching how to solve a limitation of Carrier Grade Network Address Translation with my Virgin Ultimate Ooomph bundle mobile SIM.

Some reports suggest that an outgoing connection to a vpn can then be used in reverse to allow devices on the LTE device's LAN to be communicated with.

Several recommend Nord VPN however their website doesn't work when I am connected to my Virginedia Hub. If I connect over EE 4G it works fine, then fails again when I reconnect to VM.

Is this a policy of Virgin Media or a setting in the hub that needs changing by me?

Thanks

p.s. If there's a recommended way to enable incoming connections to a device behind a CG-NAT IP address then that would solve the real problem.

2 REPLIES 2

sail_away
Tuning in

It appears to be "Web Safe Settings" as when I turn that off the problem goes.

I'd like a better solution than just on or off. Can VPNs be added as one of the on/off options.

My children aren't going to install a VPN to access illicit material, and I'd still like to have the Web Safe on to.protwct them from accidental or malicious links.

Think you can whitelist stuff in web safe.. don’t use it myself so not sure where...