Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No wireless connection (ethernet fine)

I have a problem with connecting to my router wirelessly - since yesterday it has been dropping in and out intermittently and now it has completely stopped. Previously has been working fine since we set it up in September.

I have tried disabling channel optimisation as suggested in other threads but this has made no difference, is this a faulty router or is there anything else I can do? I don't want to pay to purchase a new router for a service Virgin should be able to provide.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wireless connection (ethernet fine)

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

Have you tried a 60 second pinhole reset?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same happening with me. 

Last couple of weeks wifi goes off then on. Today its worse, off for longer periods. Alot of comments about this problem so its got to be a fault with virgin unless suddenly everyones equipment has stopped working! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I tried the 60 second reset and made absolutely no difference sadly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mgreen2 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your wireless connections. How has it been since? Are you still only able to use the Ethernet ports? 

Let us know and we'll do our best to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie

I have been trying to get in touch via phone and chat with virgin media since the 4th of November, still trying on chat now 20 days later.

I have also been having wireless only issues across multiple devices. The devices weren't even able to connect. It's not a password issue, it's not range as I sat a couple meters from the router testing various devices. 

I can only put it down to the router become faulty after nearly 2.5 years service. All I want is for virgin to send me a new router preferably the latest hub 4 (currently on hub 3).

I now have the router switched off while I'm currently trialling another supplier because at the end of the day not all devices can be wired and even those that can it's often not practical.

On the whole I've been pleased with the service up until now (I had no intentions of leaving but currently as things stand I'm being forced out), it's even more frustrating given that I think a simple router replacement would solve the issues.

Please can you help me get the router replaced asap, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@gilly1987 wrote:

Hi Hollie

I have been trying to get in touch via phone and chat with virgin media since the 4th of November, still trying on chat now 20 days later.

I have also been having wireless only issues across multiple devices. The devices weren't even able to connect. It's not a password issue, it's not range as I sat a couple meters from the router testing various devices. 

I can only put it down to the router become faulty after nearly 2.5 years service. All I want is for virgin to send me a new router preferably the latest hub 4 (currently on hub 3).

I now have the router switched off while I'm currently trialling another supplier because at the end of the day not all devices can be wired and even those that can it's often not practical.

On the whole I've been pleased with the service up until now (I had no intentions of leaving but currently as things stand I'm being forced out), it's even more frustrating given that I think a simple router replacement would solve the issues.

Please can you help me get the router replaced asap, thanks in advance.

Why would you want a Hub4? It's more troublesome than the Hub3

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @KathrynD87 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

How has your connection been since? Have you been able to check here for any area issues? You can also log in to your online account there and test your equipment. 

Let us know and we'll do our best to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @gilly1987 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your broadband connection and that you're thinking of leaving us. If the hub is faulty it's likely it would be replaced with a Hub 3, unless you were to upgrade. 

I'll pop you a private message now to take a look in to this fault, and see what we can do to get it reoslved. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos