Menu
Frannmatt
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No wifi

I am having major issues with WiFi. You can not leave the room where the hub is otherwise you have no signal. The children have major issues using there smart tvs or consoles as they just buffer. We have done everything advice has said and nothing has worked even the virgin tv box in the same room as the hub losses WiFi!!!!! It is beyond a joke for what we pay. We regret leaving sky. 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi

If wired connections are ok get your own router and use hub in modem mode 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi

If its a wifi only issue, then on a Hub3/4, try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" Search for the "how to" on this forum

Then use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just use 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz)— that often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

To address this, VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to “some customers” most will be charged £5/month and they dont have enough supplies right now to provide them unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

At that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi woes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos