Menu
Lissieb84
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wifi signal

Hi, 

I’ve been with VM for 5 years, I originally received a self set up box through the post, it worked fine until January of this year. When the internet box lit up like Blackpool illuminations multipul times a day. 

I called VM and they sent an engineer and he replaced everything for me and wifi been fine, however, I now cannot get any signal in my dining room, kitchen, bathroom and 2 of the bedrooms. Whereas previously I had fantastic signal in all of these rooms. 
I’ve tried to call VM all week and keep getting told their busy, or I get cut off. 

Any ideas on why my signal is now so bad? 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi signal

The worst part about Virgin hubs is that they aren't known for their outstanding wireless capabilities. Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Lissieb84
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for this. No I haven’t tried anything as of yet, simply because it was brand new etc and I didn’t actually know what to try. 
will try your idea once home schooling etc has finished. Will I then have to re connect all devices again? 
thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Lissieb84 wrote:

Hi thanks for this. No I haven’t tried anything as of yet, simply because it was brand new etc and I didn’t actually know what to try. 
will try your idea once home schooling etc has finished. Will I then have to re connect all devices again? 
thanks for your help. 

If you didn't change anything on the router when first installed everything should connect without any problem 🙂

When finished you can type  http://192.168.0.1  into your URL address bar on your browser and login into the Hub settings password on the Hubs sticker on the bottom of the Hub and set up the Hub with a new password.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos