Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wifi or router login after s/ware update.

Good morning,

After a software update (purple background on login page, password box no longer plain text) I no longer have Wifi. Trying to log in to the hub and the router was unresponsive. Usually a plain white screen, but on the off occasion I can get the the 'Welcome' page it's extremely slow and clicking anything just locks up the browser.

Have power-cycked the router twice, cleared cache and sued a different browser but it makes no difference. Google Chrome developer console shows the following problems:

bl0ke_0-1604398082505.png

E: editted for spelling.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No wifi or router login after s/ware update.

Try a factory reset using this method ...

You will lose all changed to the settings that you may have made previously.

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, that was my next step 🙂

Factory reset performed and things appear to be working again, but my password box is back to being a plain text input.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@bl0ke wrote:

Thanks Mike, that was my next step 🙂

Factory reset performed and things appear to be working again, but my password box is back to being a plain text input.

That's because you have reverted to the old "built-in" firmware.  Once the new firmware is pushed out, you will be back to the latest version.  However, as Mike suggested,  the reset may get the new version working properly once it installs.

0 Kudos