Menu
alisonjackson3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No wifi connection or internet

Hi, I have been having issues with my wifi since September now and seem to be going round in circles with customer services. The wifi keeps dropping out throughout the day making the working from home situation extremely difficult. I have seen a few other people have this issue and post about it on here. 

There are no boosters available so can't try that approach at the moment but i have reset my hub and checked my local area for any issues multiple times and have had no luck. 

I believe it is an issue with the Hub itself but am unsure? 

Does anyone know the easiest way to get virgin to send out an engineer or a replacement Hub. I spend hours on the phone being passed about from team to team and its exhausting.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi connection or internet

It may just be a wifi issue.

Quick diagnostic check - what happens on devices that are connected directly into the Hub on ethernet cables at the time the wifi ones drop? Do they also drop at the same time?

What Hub do you have and what do the various lights shoe/do at the time of disconnects

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
alisonjackson3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The devices that are connected via an ethernet cable work as normal. It is the devices that use wireless which is all but one. We have ran numerous diagnostic checks and it says no issues but clearly there is some form of fault otherwise this wouldn't be happening on a daily basis. 

I have the Hub3

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its possible that the Hub as an intermittent fault on wifi, but much more likely you are suffering from poor wifi in your environment.

What diagnostic checks do you need other than devices dropping out whilst ethernet cables remain connected? VM Pods are not a great option, get your own better quality wireless equipment and you will soon recoup the Pod rental charge.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos