Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No wifi at all

Nothing but trouble since joining virgin 2.weeks ago..

Mine ans my mums phone can only get speeds of 20mbs on our gureenteed.100mb on hub 3... Iv put this down to our phones not being capable.of 5ghz. But since thursday iv had no wifi at all. Not even on other gadgets which have been ok on it. I.e playstation wont even connnect now...

Iv reset it a number of times.... Nothing. Continue to be on hold for over 40 mins on phone till i get cut off... No answer on messaging... It wont even let me.load the hub settings page... Can anyone help. Am.trying to work from.home.an this simply isnt good enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No wifi at all

@Busdriver84 wrote:

Nothing but trouble since joining virgin 2.weeks ago..

Mine ans my mums phone can only get speeds of 20mbs on our gureenteed.100mb on hub 3... Iv put this down to our phones not being capable.of 5ghz. But since thursday iv had no wifi at all. Not even on other gadgets which have been ok on it. I.e playstation wont even connnect now...

Iv reset it a number of times.... Nothing. Continue to be on hold for over 40 mins on phone till i get cut off... No answer on messaging... It wont even let me.load the hub settings page... Can anyone help. Am.trying to work from.home.an this simply isnt good enough.

Guaranteed speeds are for speeds delivered to the hub and achievable by compatible wired device, not WiFi.

If WiFi isn’t working does a wired connection work?

What are the lights on the hub doing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I understand that regarding the speeds...  Am.not botherd about the speeds. Nothing will connect to it... Theres just a white light on. Thats it nothing else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Using an ethernet cable connected device, log in to the Hub Settings.

Navigate to the Wireless Settings page and ensure that the Wireless is enabled.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So does a wired connection work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Am not sure about a wired connection. I havnt even got a wire to try.

Everything i own just keeps comin up can not connect to network... But it was all ok till thursday....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Busdriver84 wrote:

Am not sure about a wired connection. I havnt even got a wire to try.

Everything i own just keeps comin up can not connect to network... But it was all ok till thursday....

Something has changed and until you go into the Hub Settings you will never know.

Try a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Iv tried the reset with a pin an nothing changed. Ill try again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Busdriver84 wrote:

Iv tried the reset with a pin an nothing changed. Ill try again.

You need to press the reset button for at least 60 seconds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Busdriver84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the issues you've been having with the Wi-Fi as well as the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and it's all looking good, are you still having this issue at the moment? 

Please let us know so we can assist further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos