cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wi fi or internet AGAIN

ukmartian
Up to speed

I am posting yet again with exactly the same issues as previous. I am at present connected to my home network but either no internet or speeds so slow....it cannot be my system as I have fitted 3 different setups in as many months...my hub3 is in modem mode....I tried a TP LINK AC1200 modem and had issues of drop out connected to network but no internet...I then bought a basic mesh system improved my coverage but had exactly same issues so VM increased my speeds saying my current speed of 100mbps would not support my devices so they upgraded me to 350mbps, but I then found out that my mesh only had 100mbps ethernet ports so I replaced it to a better one with 1gb port and also replaced my cables to cat 7...things seemed fine for a several days with speeds consistently over 250 mbps and at times over 350mbps so I thought problem solved until the last few days..speeds dropping down as low as 50 then back up to 200 nothing stable, until tonight again no internet or so poor speeds that it was unusable...i find it hard to believe that 3 entirely different set ups have had identical problems which seem more prevalent at approx the same time of the day   evenings....i have spent nearly £200 to ensure I can use services I pay for..it started tonight at 7.30 and it is now 10.00 and it had gone out yet again where do I go from here???

3 REPLIES 3

ukmartian
Up to speed

Screenshot_20211114-211234_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20211114-212819_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20211114-213027_Speedtest.jpg

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Ruff ride from cheap to cheap to something that should be fine.

Can you see if a wired connection is fine to the main mesh.
---------------------------------------------------------------

All sorted....I obviously had a issue last night as both wifi and ethernet went down that  prompted me to do what VM recommend, reboot the system...unfortunately what ever happened disrupted my mesh wifi which did not reinitializing at the main router for some reason...I reset the whole set up and found the mesh wifi was offline but the wire was back after speaking to TP-Link tech after swapping the main router we got the others working as A factory reset to all the mesh was required...I now have a adapter which will allow me to connect ethernet to USB so if it happens again.i can test the wired signal from the hub...I am still not convinced that there is not a intermittent cable fault as this has happened on 3 different systems...