Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No wi-fi access to ebay.co.uk this weekend

There has been a problem accessing ebay.co.uk all weekend using Virgin Media wi-fi.  There is no access problem using mobile data.  This is a Virgin Media problem and not an ebay problem.

Previous reports of this problem suggest that you need to turn off the child lock filter.  With an inquisitive 13 year old at home this is not a viable option.

Please Virgin Media sort this out.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wi-fi access to ebay.co.uk this weekend

Add ebay.co.uk to the allowed URL list

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've already added ebay.co.uk to the allowed list, It made no difference whatsoever.  Thanks for answering though.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What error message (if any) do you get from the site? Are other sites stopping your access too?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don't get an error message, but any page on ebay.co.uk simply fails to load properly (see example below).

I have deleted all browsing history, so it's not a cache issue either.  I can access ebay.co.uk via a VPN service using wi-fi, but I shouldn't need to, and there has clearly been a change to something on Virgin Media overnight on Friday that is causing this.

The_Penguin_0-1604852435638.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue on my Windows PC with Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge since yesterday.

BS37 area - when Web Safe is turned off it works fine for both PC and mobile on WiFi and Mobile data.  But when turned on I get the text based version (after the front page) when Web Safe is turned on for Virgin Wifi!!

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Clearly I'm not the only one with this problem Virgin Media.

I am a Chrome user on my PC and mobile phone.  I have tried MS Edge on my PC and get the same result.

This is a Virgin wi-fi problem.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

People are getting success by turning off the child lock filter (see link to ebay community discussion).  This is NOT a fix for any household with children present.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/eBay-page-is-displaying-as-text-only/m-p/31329254#M77...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Adding "ebaystatic.com" to the list of allowed websites via Web Safe fixed the problem.

Highlighted
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Sorry to those who are unable access Ebay at the moment. 

Please can you load up www.ebay.co.uk and at the bottom of the page you should see the option to opt out of Ebay collecting personal details, once you have selected this it should load the page up.

Please let me know if this doesn't resolve the problem. 

Regards,

Dean C 
Community Moderator