Menu
Seajga
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No solution to wifi issue

Hello,

I still have issues while teaching via MS Teams if my partner is using his laptop (to surf the internet) at the same time.

We have already been advised of, and have tried, the following, to no avail:

1) Installing a Virgin Media booster upstairs (as I work from an upstairs room),

2) An engineer came and fixed some issues with our router

3) The latest suggestion is that my partner (who surfs the Net from the living room, where our router is) should get a wired connection 

In that case, why am I paying extra each month for the boosters??

Any more suggestions out there? Surely, there must be lots of couples out there who need to be on MS Teams at the same time these days - how do they manage it when my partner can’t be on his laptop at all while I’m using Teams??

At my wits’ end and seriously wishing I hadn’t allowed the salesman to persuade me to stay with Virgin this time.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No solution to wifi issue

If you need better WiFi performance then purchasing your own better router or mesh system would be my recommendation, the hub is just a basic budget device that doesn't seem to give you the performance you require 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No solution to wifi issue

jb66 and the engineer are both correct. Send the boosters back and use those monies to get a better wireless equipment.

Until you do that, then whilst you are doing "Teams" it would be far better if you could connect to the Hub by good quality Cat5e or 6 ethernet cable. You could do this temporarily with a long run of cable. 20/30/50 metre runs can be had for around a tenner. Just run it over the carpet, up stairs etc, whilst you work and then coil it up and put it in the bits cupboard until you need it again - or until you sort the wifi out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos