Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No services

My internet has been on/off for 5 days. Now its totally gone & i have no tv service. I've tried ringing the tel no that comes up (earlier today) & was on hold for so long i gave up. Paying for a service that i'm just not getting. Various error messages & no help to try & resolve it! Now i'm unable to work from home too. Not happy with Virgin at all. No issue apparently when i use my mobile to run a check. Done all the usual - rebooting etc. Can anyone suggest what to try next pls? Thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No services

What does your STB say?

Is your HUB connected to VM's network?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies but what does STB mean? I have virgin media package & internet (vitgin) hub. I've had no internet or tv at all since 6pm yestetday. Just tried switching hub off again - same again. Green light that never goes off. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Set Top Box V6 or Tivo or V+, etc - which one is it first?
What is it reporting when trying to connect to TV?
You need to post more details of the equipment you have from VM and what the exact issues are over wifi or ethernet cable connections.
As well as the “Check Service Status” weblink, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info of any known issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisawand67,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services and they are currently not working.

If you've had a look on our service page, and called the service status number, but are still having issues then this may be something related to your specific equipment/property.

Please pop me a private message and I'll be able to help further, if you haven't called our team already.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Melissa_F wrote:

Hi Lisawand67,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services and they are currently not working.

If you've had a look on our service page, and called the service status number, but are still having issues then this may be something related to your specific equipment/property.

From the original post:

"I've tried ringing the tel no that comes up (earlier today) & was on hold for so long i gave up."

Please pop me a private message and I'll be able to help further, if you haven't called our team already.

Thanks

Melissa 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa. I've managed to contact Virgin and they are sending an engineer round tonight. Hopefully all will be resolved. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the handy tel number - i've noted it for future ref. I have a V8 box. I managed to contact virgin and an engineer is coming round tonight. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa. An engineer came out & there was a problem outside so no-one had services. It was fixed within 48 hours.

0 Kudos