Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No service, no info

Not sure if this is the correct board. We haven’t had broadband, phone or tv since it went down on Friday 9 Oct. We arranged for an engineer to call (first available slot 14 Oct). Someone from Virgin knocked at our door that day and said the cables were broken in the road and needed replacing. 25 customers in our road down! We’ve not heard a correct thing since despite emailing Virgin. My near neighbour, who is also down, phoned them but was exasperated as she couldn’t get them to understand the problem. We’ve both been getting emails saying as the engineer has been the problem has been fixed and they hope we’re happy. Also had an email saying as the engineer has missed our appointment we’d get £25 credited. This is incorrect and we’ve had a bill with no credit for anything. Phoning them is nigh on impossible. When we tried they said an hour wait. I’ve also read on our local news site of people who’ve waited that long and then been cut off. I’ve booked another engineer for this Friday but he either won’t show or it will be wasting his time if the first engineer is right about cables.

Does anyone who polices  this forum do anything?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service, no info

If cable to or from the Street Cabinet are broken there could be no end of woes trying to get things fixed.

If they need to dig the street or pavement it will need Local Authority permission, this usually takes 6 to 8 weeks.

After that the problem needs fixing.

These things are not instantaneous.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service, no info

They came and repaired but it went down again (and there wasn’t any phone). Luckily I had an engineer booked for last Friday for the telephone. He managed to finally fix it. I think it was replacing cables to the house it mine and my neighbours. I wonder if they’ll give me the £8 a day for no service or will try and wriggle out of it?

0 Kudos