cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ranging response received

Jess2020
Joining in

Hi

About a month ago I noticed certain sites were having major issues loading content, other sites were fine, but some were just taking forever to load certain aspects of the site. This was on a Saturday, it lasted all of the Sunday then seemed to resolve on the Monday. This has now happened another 4 or 5 times since.

it is pretty unusable on some websites (Sky Bet and Coral are the worst, but they are not just limited to betting sites lol) but the weird thing is it only seems to be certain aspects of the websites, and not the whole site.

I've pretty much coped with it up until now but now it has started to affect me while I am logged onto my works network, yesterday and today I have been pretty much unable to do any work. I know it's a Virgin network issue as I created a hotpot from my phone network and everything worked perfectly fine, and it isn't just limited to my computer as it does it on every single device, either via wifi or connected direct to ethernet. I have the router in Modem mode and use the Google nest network but I also know this isn't the issue as I removed that completely and went back to basics and it still does it.

I haven't been able to put my finger on it but I googled and found some info similar to mine. I have logged onto the Hub and it seems I keep getting this particular log:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

It seems to last a whole day/evening. It's currently not working again (it was working no problem at 5, but suddenly started to go haywire again by 6.30).

It's getting quite infuriating now to be honest. The service status I have ran said there are no issues.

I have tried everything, including keeping my router off for a whole day but it still just keeps happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@Jess2020 that’s an upstream connectivity issue and the fact that it is intermittent would point to a bad connection somewhere in the cabling from the hub back to the street cabinet. If you check all the joints you can easily get to (including those in the box on the outside wall) and they all seem nice and tight with no obvious signs of damage, then you’ll need an engineer visit to track it down and fix.

Thank you - just been round everywhere including the box on the front of the house and everything is as tight as it possibly can be.

Will I need to call or can someone from Virgin pick this message up and PM me to arrange?

Thanks

Hi Jess2020,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

We do wish to assist with this. I have been able to locate your account. 

What I will do is private message you so we can discuss this. 

^Martin