Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No network registered

I have a new virgin sim and phone for about 2 weeks.  Transferred number from ee over all fine.    Last 3 days keep getting no network registered and an unable to make WiFi calling.  I have no signal where I live so I need WiFi calling.  I have:

Turned phone off and on. 

Taken out sim put back in. 

Turned WiFi calling of and on. 

Gone into networks  to scan for networks clicked on virgin it always tells me to try later.  

I have a good virgin signal on my home broadband so surely without a signal from a mobile network I should be still able to make WiFi calls.   (I have no WiFi icon showing)

Help???? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network registered

You need to post in the mobile phone forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dudders1,

Info from help/mobile/wifi-calling 

Which phones devices support WiFi Calling?

You’ll need one of these phones devices to use WiFi Calling:

Apple: iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Samsung: Samsung S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, S20, S205G, S20+5G, S20Ultra5G, Note10, Note 10+ and Note 10+5G

All of these devices support WiFi Calling if they are bought directly from us. If you are using a device that was bought from another network, or SIM free, we cannot guarantee that it will support our WiFi Calling service. If your supported device doesn’t have the WiFi Calling option available, make sure you have updated the software to the latest version and reboot your device.

If your device isn’t supported yet don’t panic, we’ll be adding WiFi Calling to more devices soon

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a Samsung s20 from virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the online help for the S20? devicesupport Samsung 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi calling usually only kicks in when the signal level is below a certain range

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have i have used the guide and also I have no network signal at my property wifi calling should kick in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You might have to call virgin mobile to activate it on your account. There are numerous reports of either it not being active or it having to be deactivated then activated again to kick it into life. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your suggestions.  I think I will probably have to take a day to ring them up and see if I can get through.

0 Kudos