Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No lights Hub 3.0

Hi there,

This morning we have zero lights on our Hub 3.0, it’s just complete died. I’ve been through the online “help” (not helpful), checked all cable connections but still nothing, it’s suddenly just a useless piece of plastic. I’ve almost thrown my phone out the window in frustration trying to find out how to actually contact Virgin and request a replacement...I’ve sent a text message to the suggested phone number but no reply yet. Also can’t book an engineer appointment on their website, it’s not working.

my wife and I are both working from home right now because of COVID so functioning internet is absolutely crucial but I’ve no confidence in Virgin actually getting me a replacement router anytime soon.

anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try?

thanks

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No lights Hub 3.0

I'll flag your post for the forum staff to respond, hopefully you'll get an answer today.  They should be able to get a replacement hub shipped out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Look at PAYG Data Dongles as a backup to the VM line.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

keep trying the phone - long wait times but some call centres are open - wait here for VM - will see if i can get them here a bit quicker

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello David_Durbs

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the hub issues. I've checked the systems and can see you've spoke to the team since posting and we've ordered a new hub for you. The timescales for delivery are 1-3 working days. 

Let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos