cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Krenshaw
Tuning in

I have had no internet for 6 days now and every day I'm getting text updates saying that there's an engineer working on the issue, when there isn't. I've called up and spoken to customer support about this issue but they have as much information as I have.

My questions are as follows:

Why is there no open transparency surrounding the problem. "Damage to the fiber" means very little. Is it an exchange issue, do you need to dig up the roads?

When is my internet actually going to be back? Because as I say it's day 6 now and I've had 12 different messages giving different dates and different times of when the issue is going to be resolved, none of which have been adhered to.

Why has this fault happened in the first place?

Where are these engineers you allegedly keep sending out, because I haven't seen one engineer let alone a virgin media vehicle on my street where the exchange is located?

My biggest frustration is the lack of information and transparency regarding the matter, the company gaslighting me in to believing that the issue is going to be resolved because an engineer is on site, when that's just not true.

I get very limited signal in my location so I'm reliant on the internet for communication along with entertainment, please just tell me how much longer I need to wait because I'm honestly considering cancelling at this stage as you, the company, are not holding up your end of the contract in that you're not providing the services promised.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

"We have identified the problem and our engineers are working hard to get you back online".

That's it 😅

Screenshot_2023-07-05-15-32-59-964_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Hi @Krenshaw 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing an ongoing outage with your services. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused you. I can see you have recently been in contact with our team regarding this? Were they able to bring clarity to the fault? Do you need any further help with this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for responding, unfortunately the consensus is "wait and see", to which I say I've been doing that for almost a week and it isn't an adequate answer really. Even if an ETA can't be given, it's better than recieving messages that state an engineer is in the area .etc

I would much rather the company be transparent and say what's really happening; as I'm sure the company does care about this issue and their customers overall and are probably doing their best to rectify the problem, but sadly that doesn't come across very well when I'm getting messages like these but nothing actually coming of them.

An imaginary scenario I'd be happy with:

Update: Engineer on site

Update 2: Engineer needs to replace cable. Cables on order, estimated dispatch 3 days.

Update 3: Engineer has completed task. Should have internet now.

I have had a look into this for you @Krenshaw  

I can confirm there is an SNR outage on the account. You might find that you don't have any Virgin Fibre, Voice, or Interactive Virgin TV services at the moment. We are sorry about this and are working hard to restore your services as soon as possible. The current estimated fix time for this is 05 JUL 2023 19:00. Please bear with our team in the meantime. You can also check here to see if you may be entitled to compensation https://virg.in/autocomp

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Estimated repair time is now tomorrow at 12:00. A full week of this engineer to arrive , wonder where they're coming from to be travelling for a week 🙃 I'd say I can't wait for that time to hit but I expect I will yet again be disappointed.

We truly apologise for this @Krenshaw  Sometimes faults can be more complicated than expected hence the extension in the estimated fix time. Please bear with us. We will aim to get your service up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team