Menu
Deniz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet

Hello, at around 5pm my WiFi completely stopped. Despite numerous resets and reboots of my 3.0 hub there are green lights that flash. Now, I have checked the website and service status and there are no current faults apparently. I am extremely agitated with virgin media, for months my family and I have had bad internet that has fluctuated, is this a problem that is occurring with other virgin media customers or have my family and I just gotten utterly unlucky with the hub/service?

Also, it’s laughable that after all this, my bill is increasing by £3. After horrendous service for months and no replies to my requests via text service, I am about one issue away from cancelling my contract with this company. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Deniz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the wired connections also drop completely.

0 Kudos
Deniz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I called the number you provided and it said nothing about area faults and currently my WiFi has yet again stopped. 

0 Kudos